Do you need urgent help?
If you’re in trouble and need urgent help, please find the best number to call from the following list of emergency contacts.
- Call the COVID-19 Triage Hotline 1800 020 080 or click here for more information.
- COVID-19 vaccine eligibility checker website
If you are experiencing homelessness and need emergency accommodation, please contact Link2Home on 1800 152 152.
Domestic Violence Crisis Line (24/7)
- Call 000 (If you are hearing/speech impaired use TTY: 106)
General help in a flood or storm
- Call 132 500 for the NSW State Emergency Service (SES)
- Call 1800 679 737 for the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS)
Crime, law and order
- In an emergency call 000
- For non-urgent assistance, call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444
- To report information about crime anonymously call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
Fire and rescue
NSW Rape Crisis (24/7)
National Sexual Assault Domestic & Family Violence Counselling Line
- Call 1800 737 732 (1800 RESPECT)
Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (WDVCAS)
Kids Helpline (24/7)
- Call 1800 1234 00 for the National Security Hotline
Translating and interpreting service (24/7)
- Call 13 14 50 for the Translating and Interpreting Service (If you have trouble speaking English, ask them to contact any of the numbers above to interpret for you)
Poisons Information Centre (24/7)
Mental Health Lines
- Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
- Care Leavers Australasia Network (CLAN) on 1800 008 774
- If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and need support, please visit Wellmob, a social, emotional and cultural wellbeing resource that may be able to help.
- Brother to Brother supports Aboriginal men during COVID-19. Their crisis number is 1800 435 799
- Ask Izzy for help with housing, a meal, money help, family violence support, counselling and much more by local area at askizzy.org.au
- If you are not experiencing an emergency, but are simply looking for a service, check the HSNet Service Directory.
If you have one of the below issues, please call Link Wentworth as soon as possible on 9412 5111 or 4777 8000. If calling outside of our normal business hours, follow the prompts to speak to our after-hours team. They will ask you a series of questions and let you know the next steps.
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken toilet system
- Serious roof leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Failure or breakdown of gas, electricity or water supply
- Failure or breakdown of any essential service for hot water, cooking and heating
- Any unsafe fault or damage