We are living in challenging times and at the time of writing this article we are in the midst of the Greater Sydney lockdown due to the COVID-19
pandemic. Sometimes things can get difficult, and we need some extra
help or advice. Please know support for residents is available.
Specialist Support for residents
Please reach out to your Housing Manager or CSO. They can refer you to support services or our Specialist Support Team who can help you and provide referrals to employment and education opportunities, social connections or physical and mental health services.
Our Specialist Support Team members have backgrounds in housing, disability, case management, community and social work. They can help you achieve your goals, maintain your health and wellbeing and sustain your tenancy.
5 tips from our Resilience Committee
Written by Susan and Mary
The Link Wentworth Resilience Committee has a message for you
about staying resilient during the era of COVID-19. With so many
unknowns, it’s good to have these tips up your sleeve.
- Let’s keep in contact with each other. Reach out to your friends, either by email, phone or snail mail—as we now have the quality time to actually write letters.
- Let’s start working on some projects. Start or continue those crafts and hobbies you have always wanted to do and never had quality time to achieve.
- Let’s get physical. We cannot use our hydrotherapy or other swimming pools or gyms, but most organisations have self-help activities on their websites. Reach out to your gym or physiotherapist to see if they have online classes. You could also go for a walk outside or a bike or scooter ride—just make sure you wear a mask if the path is busy.
- Let’s look after our mental health. Let’s stay resilient and take control of our mental health. Do not let this blip on our history take control of you. Remember if you need someone to talk to, there is always Redcross’s Telecross service on 1300 885 698 or Lifeline on 13 11 14. You can also call the NSW Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511.
- Let’s keep safe. Wear a mask, use the hand sanitiser, stay one-and-a-half metres away from others. In general, stay home and watch the world go by.
If you have any questions about support for residents, please email [email protected] or call 4777 8000 for Penrith and 9412 5111 for Chatswood.
This story originally appeared in the first edition of the: Link Wentworth newsletter.