In our resident newsletter, Community Connect we feature favourite recipes from our residents. We will continue to add recipes to this page.
Share your resident recipe
If you are a Link Wentworth resident and have a great recipe to share, please email [email protected] to be featured in the next newsletter.
Geoff’s bad to the bone pumpkin & ginger soup – June 2022 newsletter
Sweet potato 750g
Garlic bulb 1
Onion large 1
Chillies large 2 (optional)
Ginger 2.5cm thumb
Butter 2 tbspn
Nutmeg ground ½ tsp
Chicken or veggie stock, 5 cups
Salt and pepper
Fry up the onions, leeks, chilli and garlic. Fry up the ginger. In with the nutmeg. Add pumpkin and sweet potato. Add stock. Cook for 30 minutes. Blend the soup.
Sour cream or Greek yoghurt and coriander to serve.
Karen’s Fried Rice – March 2022 newsletter
This is a very easy, healthy meal.
- Fry onion and garlic.
- I fried up some pork in little pieces and some bacon. Fry carrots and some peas and a few other frozen veggies.
- Scramble some eggs and toss that through…
- Add the rice and stir through some oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- I like to add some chilli in too…
- Toss it all around, and done!
You can boil your own rice, or you can buy it already cooked in a packet and you just heat it up in the microwave. Makes for perfect rice.